Dear IPS Community,
We hope you are all feeling well and having positive experiences during this challenging time.
Although we are “on break,” the faculty and administration have been working so that we are as prepared as possible for our Zoom connections with our families beginning March 30th.
The educational administration has been collecting resources that we feel would be helpful while you are at home and practicing social distancing. These resources include activities to do at home, educational screen time and resources on how to cope with our current way of living. We intend to send a list to you every Friday afternoon.
Having a structure in place while at home is our best advice. You can make schedule cards the way each class has at school. We know the children would find this fun and very comforting!
If we can be of help in any way, please reach out.
East 86th Street Location/Education Director
West 76th Street Location/Education Director
- Suggestions for at home learning (Department of Education)
- “You Really Don’t Need to Formally Homeschool to Keep Kids Learning During School Closures” (Parents.com)
- “How to Talk to Your Kids About Coronavirus” (PBS Kids)
- Here’s The Entire List of Education Companies Offering Free Subscriptions Due to School Closings (Kids Activities)
- 40+ Best Indoor Activities (Busy Toddler)
- Picture books read aloud by celebrities (Storyline Online)
- Lunch Doodles with Mo Willems (Kennedy Center)