Dear IPS Community,
I hope this finds you all in continued good health. Here in NYC it finally feels like spring and summer is approaching. With this comes Memorial Day Weekend! I’m sure this will look very different this year. I hope those of you who have left NYC will have an opportunity to be outdoors, enjoy a BBQ and other seasonal holiday weekend activities with careful social distancing in place.
On Monday night we emailed an invitation to a virtual parent workshop we have scheduled for next Tuesday evening (May 26th) titled, “Supporting Your Child’s Mental Health at Home During Covid-19.” The presenter will be Lisa Spiegel of Soho Parenting. If you have come to other workshops with Lisa, you know she always has wise and practical advice!
As always, I wish a happy and safe holiday weekend for you all.
Very best wishes,
Below are some resources we have compiled. Additional resources will come every Friday afternoon.
- Activities with Sesame Street Characters
- Circletime Family Learning from Home (use code homefun9)
- DK Home Learning for Kids
Resources for Parents:
- A Parent’s Resource Guide to Social and Emotional Learning (Edutopia)
- Self-Care in the Time of Coronavirus (Child Mind Institute)
- Young Children at Home During the COVID-19 Outbreak- The Importance of Self- Care (Zero to Three)
- The Power of Mindfulness – Meditation for Families during COVID-19 (Weill Cornell Medicine)