Camp is back! Although COVID-19 derailed the summer camp season in 2020, the IPS community is happily welcoming our fun-filled summer session back to its students and teachers in June 2021.
Here’s what to expect from IPS Summer Camp 2021, and why you should sign your child(ren) up immediately…
- Transitions: Camp provides a relaxed environment for children new to IPS. It’s a great way for incoming IPS students to get used to our school prior to the start of the new year. For children transitioning from half-day to full-day, the easygoing setting allows for students to become accustomed to the longer school day, which in the afternoon provides outlets for increasing self-help skills (i.e. taking out and cleaning up after lunch, setting up rest mats, etc.).
- Friendships: Current and incoming IPS students will have the opportunity to make new friends and foster old friendships. For our Pre-K students, camp provides the chance to be in “class” with peers that will be in different classes in the fall. It’s also a great way for exiting IPS students to spend one last summer in a loving, nurturing, comfortable environment.
- Gross Motor Activities: Let’s get moving! Half-day campers will receive one hour each day of indoor (gym) and outdoor (backyard) play, depending upon the weather. Full-day campers will receive two hours of free play; one in the morning and one in the afternoon.
- Sensory Activities and Water Play: All campers of all ages will engage in a variety of sensory-stimulating activities, from sand tables to water tables to sprinkler time!
- Flexible Schedules: Camp is being offered for three weeks this summer, from June 14th through July 2nd. You can choose to sign your child(ren) up for one, two, or three weeks. The best part is, the weeks do not have to be consecutive; you can sign up for whichever weeks fit your summer schedule. It’s a win-win!
- Special Days and Camp Themes: In keeping with IPS’ play-based learning philosophy, our camp will boast an Olympics theme. The sports, flags, and international theme of the Summer Olympics will play a role in many parts of the camp day, from art to games to books!
- IPS Teachers and Staff: The camp is staffed with current IPS teachers and administration…all familiar faces to our current students, and faces that will become familiar to our incoming students!
We are looking forward to seeing you this June at IPS Summer Camp!
To sign up for IPS Summer Camp, visit our website today!
Not a member of the IPS school community, but would like to be? Apply online so your child(ren) can come to IPS Summer Camp as well!