Last week’s blog post talked about water safety and getting your preschoolers used to the water in a safe, fun way via play-based learning.
At The International Preschools, where our learning philosophy is play-based, we use a variety of tools from books, games, art, role-playing, and other methods in order to teach different skills and lessons. To supplement your child’s exposure, comfort, and experimentation with the water, here are a list of books that he/she will enjoy reading…
- Maisy Learns to Swim by Lucy Cousins
- Ruby Learns to Swim by Phillip Gwynne
- Peppa Pig: Peppa Goes Swimming by Ladybird
- The Deep End by Rebecca Patterson
- Froggy Learns to Swim by Jonathan London and Frank Remkiewicz
- Swimmy by Leo Lionni
- Pool by JiHyeon Lee
- The Whale in My Swimming Pool by Joyce Wan
- Topsy and Tim Learn to Swim by Gareth and Jean Adamson
- Little Otter Learns to Swim by Artie Knapp
- Swim, Little Wombat, Swim! by Charles Fuge
An extensive list of statistics, safety tips, and things to do if you own a pool or will be spending time near any body of water this summer, compiled by the Stew Leonard website: https://stewietheduck.org/safety-tips
Enjoy your time near the water! Stay safe!
Interested in joining the IPS community? Learn more about our school by clicking here.