Step 1: Submit an Application. Click here to apply for the 2020-2021 school year
Step 2: Schedule Your Parent Tour
After you apply online and submit an application fee, you will receive a confirmation email. You will be contacted by an admissions representative to set up your Parent Tour date. Tours, FOR PARENTS ONLY, are held on weekdays starting promptly at 9:15 and will last approximately one hour. The tour begins with an information session followed by a tour of the school. Both parents, if applicable, are encouraged to attend. Parent tours run from October to February.
- Parents of siblings are not required to tour the school. Please contact the Admissions Director of your location to discuss your application.
Step 3: Child’s Play Session
After your parent tour, you will be contacted by an Admissions Director to schedule a play session, which will be held in January. The child will participate in a small play session, conducted by IPS teachers. Although both parents are welcome to attend, only one parent will be invited into the play session with the child. The child will not be asked to separate from the parent.
Additionally, applicants currently enrolled in another school should submit an ISAAGNY form, completed by the child’s current teacher no later than January 31, 2020.
Step 4: Decision Letter
Decision letters are emailed according to the dates established by the Independent Schools Admissions Association of Greater New York (ISAAGNY). Parents who accept admission must return a signed contract with a non-refundable deposit which will be credited toward tuition.
Additional Ways to Learn about The International Preschools
The Admissions Staff is always available to speak with you on the phone or respond to your emails. In addition,
- Once you apply, you will begin receiving a monthly newsletter from our Director, Donna Cohen.
- In January, all parents who apply will be invited to a Question and Answer session with current IPS parents.
- Click to watch a brief documentary about our history, mission, and curriculum: IPSnyc.org/documentary
- To find out what schools our graduates attend after IPS, here is a list of schools that accepted our students for September 2020.
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram!
The International Preschools admits children of any race, color, national, and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national, or ethnic origin, religion or disability in administration of its educational policies, scholarships and loan programs, athletic and other school-administered programs.
Need-based financial aid is available. Please click here.
If you have questions about admissions contact the following:
West 76th Street Director of Admissions: Ms. Susan Ehrlich, 212.371.8604 ext.1202 or email@example.com
East 86th Street Director of Admissions : Ms. Martha Smeaton, 212.371.8604 ext.1112 or firstname.lastname@example.org