Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are adhering to the NYC Department of Health and CDC guidelines by limiting visitors coming into our school. We have created a remote opportunity for you to get to know us. For more information on our protocols, please review our Health Guidelines.
We are excited to announce new scheduling options beginning in September 2022. To serve the changing needs of UES families, we have developed these flexible scheduling options for the school day and school year. Click here to learn more.
Step 1: Submit an Online Application
Click here to apply.
To apply your child must be at least 2 years old by September 1, 2022.
Step 2: Schedule Your Virtual Parent Tour
After you apply online and submit an application fee, you will receive a confirmation email. You will be contacted by an admissions representative to set up your Virtual Parent Tour in early October. This will be an individual private virtual session through Zoom for PARENTS ONLY. The tours will be held on weekdays from 9:00am-12:00pm to accommodate parents’ schedules and will last approximately one hour. Both parents, if applicable, are encouraged to attend. Virtual Parent Tours will be conducted from mid-October 2021 through February 2022.
- Parents of siblings, please contact admissions.
Step 3: Getting To Know Your Child
Since we are not able to meet your child in person at a playdate session, we ask that you send us a 3 minute video. Information on the video process will be discussed at the time of your Virtual Parent Tour. Your child’s video should be emailed to the Director of Admissions in January.
Additionally, applicants currently enrolled in another school should submit an ISAAGNY report, completed by the child’s current teacher no later than January 31, 2022.
Step 4: Decision Letter
Decision letters are emailed according to the dates established by the Independent Schools Admissions Association of Greater New York (ISAAGNY). Parents who accept admission must return a signed contract with a non-refundable deposit which will be credited towards tuition.
Additional Ways to Learn about The International Preschools
The Admissions Staff is always available to speak with you on the phone or respond to your emails. In addition,
- Once you apply, you will begin receiving a monthly newsletter from our Director, Donna Cohen.
- In late fall (November), attend a Virtual Open House where you will be able to meet and hear from our Director, Location Director, Assistant Location Director, teacher and current parent. You will learn more about IPS’ philosophy of play based learning as well as our exmissions process. (This session will be recorded if you are not able to attend.)
- In January, all parents who apply will be invited to a Virtual Parent to Parent Q&A session as an opportunity to hear from a panel of current IPS parents.
- Watch a brief documentary about our history, mission, and curriculum: IPSnyc.org/documentary
- To find out what schools our graduates attend after IPS, here is a list of schools that accepted our students for September 2021.
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram!
The International Preschools admits children of any race, color, national, and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national, or ethnic origin, religion or disability in administration of its educational policies, scholarships and loan programs, athletic and other school-administered programs.
Need-based financial aid is available. Please click here for the application.