Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are adhering to the NYC Department of Health and CDC guidelines by limiting visitors coming into our school. We have created a remote opportunity for you to get to know us.
Step 1: Submit an Online Application
** Applications are still being accepted for the 2021-22 school year.Click here to apply.
Step 2: Schedule Your Virtual Parent Tour
After you apply online and submit an application fee, you will receive a confirmation email. You will be contacted by an admissions representative to set up your Virtual Parent Tour. This will be an individual private virtual session through Zoom for PARENTS ONLY. The tours will be held on weekdays from 9:00am-3:00pm to accommodate parents’ schedules and will last approximately one hour. Both parents, if applicable, are encouraged to attend. Virtual Parent Tours will be conducted from mid-October 2020 through February 2021.
- Parents of siblings, please contact your location’s Admissions Director to discuss your application.
Step 3: Getting To Know Your Child
Since we are not able to meet your child in person at a playdate session, we ask that you send us a 3 minute video. Information on the video process will be discussed at the time of your Virtual Parent Tour. Your child’s video should be emailed to the Director of Admissions of the location you are applying in January.
Additionally, applicants currently enrolled in another school should submit an ISAAGNY report, completed by the child’s current teacher no later than January 29, 2021.
Step 4: Decision Letter
Decision letters are emailed according to the dates established by the Independent Schools Admissions Association of Greater New York (ISAAGNY). Parents who accept admission must return a signed contract with a non-refundable deposit which will be credited towards tuition.
Additional Ways to Learn about The International Preschools
The Admissions Staff is always available to speak with you on the phone or respond to your emails. In addition,
- Once you apply, you will begin receiving a Monthly Newsletter from our Director, Donna Cohen.
- In late fall, attend a Virtual Open House where you be able to meet and hear from our Director, Location Director, Assistant Location Director, teacher and current parent. You will learn more about IPS’ philosophy of play based learning as well as our exmissions process. (This session will be recorded if you are not able to attend.)
- In January, all parents who apply will be invited to a Virtual Parent to Parent Q&A session as an opportunity to hear from a panel of current IPS parents.
- Watch a brief documentary about our history, mission, and curriculum: IPSnyc.org/documentary
- To find out what schools our graduates attend after IPS, here is a list of schools that accepted our students for September 2021.
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram!
The International Preschools admits children of any race, color, national, and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national, or ethnic origin, religion or disability in administration of its educational policies, scholarships and loan programs, athletic and other school-administered programs.
Need-based financial aid is available. Please click here for the application.
If you have questions about admissions contact the following:
West 76th Street Director of Admissions: Ms. Susan Ehrlich, 212.371.8604 ext.1202 or email@example.com
East 86th Street Director of Admissions: Ms. Martha Smeaton, 212.371.8604 ext.1112 or firstname.lastname@example.org